Location: Beaverton, OR
Waterhouse Ridge Memory Care is looking for a cook to join our growing team! Our ideal candidate will be self-starter with a desire to provide exemplary service and food to residents and family members of our community. Please read the below information about our available cook position and if you feel you are a good fit, reply to this posting with a resume and cover letter.
Responsible for the proper service of meals to residents in the dining room, maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen service areas and record-keeping functions. Assists other food service employees with cleanliness and sanitation of other food service areas.
1) Prepares food as instructed per the weekly menu.2) Maintenance of recording functions, i.e. resident diet record, daily meal count, cleaning checklist, and quality control records.3) Assists in preparation of food items.4) Takes orders and serves food to residents and visitors as needed.5) Clears tables, cleans dining room floor, dining room counter area, dishwashing tasks, other cleaning and sanitation duties as needed and as assigned.6) Maintain adequate supplies at station for serving food, including paper goods, dishes, flatware, glassware, and condiments.7) Identifies each resident, maintains familiarity with diet needs of each resident.8) Conducts inventory of perishable foods and supplies as directed.9) Orders food and supplies following established procedures as directed.10) Supervises food production/quality control, maintaining highest standards.11) Maintains and distributes Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).12) Maintains highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen and dining room.13) Performs other duties as assigned by any member of management.
1) Ability to work with little or no supervision.2) Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.3) Ability to guide and instruct others in food preparation and food serving.4) Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.5) Ability to recognize needs and help others without prompting.6) Ability to relate well with other employees and residents of the Community.7) Is neat, clean and works safely.8) Ability to read, write, and speak English.9) Maintains acceptable attendance record; notifies supervisor if late or unable to work in accordance with personnel policies; follows work schedule.10) Has ability to spend long periods on feet.11) Abides by established policies and procedures of Community. Looks for ways to improve Community functioning.12) Respects resident rights and adheres to Community philosophy of resident care.13) Organizes and utilizes time appropriately; sets priorities to accomplish assigned tasks by any member of management.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation.
- Demonstrated ability in food service management and services.
- Experience in dealing with the elderly and their dietary needs.
- Knowledge of food costs and budget comparison.
- 18-24 months experience in similar position preferred.
Job Type: Full-time